Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Random Thoughts Tuesday

I've got a few thoughts... they're random... but they keep my brain buzzing...

Do you remember the first (I think) screen saver? The flying toasters? I wonder why THAT was the screen saver image of choice. hmmm

Do you remember Andy Travis (aka Gary Sandy IRL) from WKRP in Cincinnati?



I used to be so in love with him. I loved those tight jeans with the bulge. Oh, the bulge. It's what a Catholic girl's confession is made of.

I got my first pair of cowboy boots.



2 years in Texas and it took me this long to get a pair of cowboy boots. They are suede and they are so comfortable. I love them! They are made by Guess. Texan Papa said that Guess doesn't make cowboy boots, so he thinks they don't count. But I don't care. I got them at Burlington Coat Factory and I have to confess, they only cost $30 WAY on sale.

And finally, I wore a belt today. Yea me. This is a very simple thing, one that many people do every day. Yet, I have not worn a belt in about a year. Granted, the belt is the biggest one I have, and it's on the second-to-last hole. But it's a belt.

For other Random Thoughts, head on over to Keely at The Un Mom.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I never wear a belt, and suede does not equal cowboy boots. Sorry. I think that is the first pair of suede cowboy boots I've ever seen and you know I've lived here all my life. But I'm glad you like them.

Foursons said...

I've never seen suede cowboy boots either. But $30- what a deal!

OK, that picture of Gary Sandy...why is it that he has the male version of camel toe? Yuck!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

LOL If you can't wear 'em in cow poop, they ain't cowboy boots ;) (or so the 'cowboys' I know have said ;) ) There is no way I would wear any of my boots in crap! So neither I nor my 8th gen native husband own cowboy boots :)
What you really need is a Stetson anyway ;)

Emily said...

Great deal on the boots. And WTG on the belt. I still shun belts! :)

Frogs in my formula said...

Oh.My. I couldn't stop staring at the bulge. LOL. Love your bulge. I mean BOOTS.

LceeL said...

Socks. He does it with socks.


And I think I'm jealous.