Thursday, March 4, 2010

100-Word Challenge

Once again I am going to participate in the 100-word challenge, hosted by Velvet Verbosity. The writing prompt this week is: "hidden".

There’s a secret I’d like to know. You’ve told me the basics, but I want to know more. Why won’t you tell me? What are you afraid of? Do you think I’ll laugh at you? I would never do that. I love you, and I know you need me to listen. Is it because the memory is too painful to relive? I don’t have any memories like that. Maybe you keep it to yourself because you think no one else could understand. The worst part about your secret remaining hidden is that I'm afraid you feel alone. But you’re not.

Still trying my hand at the whole "stretching myself" thing. It feels good to go in a different direction every once and again.

6 comments:

LceeL said...

Wow. I've had THAT conversation before. Well done, Mama. I like it very much.

Tara R. said...

Very nicely done!

Jennifer said...

Good job. I think I'm too verbose to have a 100 word post. LOL

Bridgett said...

I like that.

stephanie (bad mom) said...

You're something; I'm awed by your stretching :)

PattiKen said...

Well done. I really liked this.