Saturday, March 20, 2010

Flasback Friday - should it stay or should it go?

So, y'all may have noticed that I didn't do a Flashback Friday post on Friday. Actually, I have been pretty inconsistent doing them for a while now.

Why? you ask. No, I'm sure you're not asking. Because no one ever participates.

Okay, usually Jennifer or MamaB or Swizz participate. But, for the most part, it's a big dud. I've even had a few people link up with Mr. Linky, only they didn't even do the Flashback! It was just an attempt to get people to their websites!! POSERS!!!

So, do you think I should continue hosting Flashback Friday? Or should I drop it? Or maybe just do it once a month or every other Friday or something?

I think it's a cool way to recycle old posts that we liked writing but really didn't get any attention at the time. Plus, with new readers coming on board all the time, we like to show off what we did that we were proud of at one time, right? But maybe bloggers just aren't interested in being lazy anymore. What is wrong with people?

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Foursons said...

I don't link up because I haven't been blogging long enough to recycle posts yet. I mean I've been blogging for over a year, but those early posts are bad. Really bad.

stephanie (bad mom) said...

I like being lazy.

I might be able to get behind this, but I also enjoy Friday Fill-Ins so I have a conundrum.

Will contemplate.

Jennifer said...

I like to do it, but not every Friday. I think once a month would be great, but sometimes it is hard for me to remember to do it too.

Mary Jo said...

Maybe you could do Flashback 1st's, on the 1st of the month? I would love to participate, but my "old" blog is gone and I just started over in Jan. Sorry!!