Friday, March 5, 2010

Friendship: an Update

Hello peeps.

I just wanted y'all to know, that after I wrote my post about friendship, I did contact Susan on Facebook. I sent a friend request and included a short, friendly note. I also told her about the post I'd written and attached a hyperlink for my blog so she could read it if she wanted to.

Well, she approved my friend request (yea! It always feels good not to be rejected!) and also sent me a nice note back. She said she looked forward to catching up again.

I'm floored. She is a bigger person than I would have been. She has every reason to ignore me or tell me to kiss off, but instead she is classy and sweet. I truly do hope we can reconnect.

So, if you have a Susan in your life, maybe it's time to find her, call her, write her a letter, whatever. Mending fences isn't always easy, but it has to start somewhere.

8 comments:

Sturgmom said...

I'm way behind in my blog reading bc we moved this week and work has kept me super busy, so I haven't read the original post, but I'm glad it worked out for you!! Off to catch up!

Amy O'Connor said...

It's great that she was so nice back. I have reconnected with a lot of old friends via Facebook, but I have found that there is a reason some of them are no longer my friends. Mostly I chose not to live the same destructive lifestyle they use to or are still living. Good luck on rekindling the friendship with Susan!

Bear and Bones Mama said...

Good for you! I had a similar experience with an old friend who I wasn't nice to (because the "cool kids" I wanted to hang out with didn't like her). We are now FB friends and I realy enjoy hearing about her life.

A.Marie said...

That is awesome that you contacted her and you two are now FB friends!

I recently friended a gal on FB that used to scare the S**T out me in Jr. High...seriously. Oh My Goodness..I can still feel the terror that I used to feel when she would walk down the Jr. High hallway, pushing people into their lockers (face first, I might add) and I would just try and shrink into my locker, hoping and praying to God that she wouldn't notice me.

Imagine my utter FRIGHT when she STOPPED.RIGHT.BY.MY.LOCKER one day...I just about passed out. Turns out, she was sort of pally with my twin sister (they had a class together), and she just wanted to chat with her and say hi. My knees literally went weak with relief.

I can laugh about it now, but when I see her picture, I have to remind myself that we have both grown up and she is a different person. I did tell her that I was always afraid of her! :)

Mama B said...

That is so great! I am so glad she responded (positively), hopefully that has lifted at least a little bit of the weight that was on your heart!

Sugar said...

very cool of you....

Jennifer said...

That's awesome, and I'm so glad it worked for you.

Oh, and I know I mentioned messenger, but I'm on FB all the time too. Send me an email and I'll give you my id if you want to friend request me. But I won't be offended if you don't.

Foursons said...

Awesome, keep us updated!