Saturday, March 27, 2010

Look At Me! I'm a Dot Com!!

Hey Y'all, did you see it? Look up there in the URL line...

Go ahead, I'll wait....



I dropped the ohmygollyitssolongiwillneverbeabletoactuallytypeitcorrectlythefirsttime URL.

My old URL was: http://whoputmeinchargeofthesepeople.blogspot.com

ouch. My fingers hurt from all the typing.

My NEW URL is: www.texanmama.com

Isn't that cool? I just paid Blogger 10 bucks and they gave me that blog name for a whole stinkin' year.

Don't worry... you don't have to change a thing. Google will redirect you. They are the braun of this whole blogging operation. I am totally the brains. I think.

Know what I love the most? If you google "Texan Mama" I'm the first return! And I'm even like 2nd, 3rd, all the way down to like 7th! All because of my Twitter page, my Flickr Photostream, and my Write-of-Passage page.

Just watch... any minute now, Dooce will be calling me for advice.

10 comments:

Em said...

Congratulations, you fancy girl, you!

Hmmmm, maybe I should give up on WordPress - this sounds much easier :-)

(and thanks for the Write-of-passage link from a while ago. I signed up, and as soon as the new blog is running, I'll be getting involved. Looks very cool.)

Ash

Leiah said...

I just did the same thing. I never realized how easy it was - Candance from Crazy Texas Mommy was kind enough to fill this sister in on the details. Congrats on the awesome search details - that's great!

Swizz said...

You go girl! Some of us can only aspire... ;o)

McMommy said...

CONGRATS!!! I love the shortened name! So easy to remember and type.

p.s. Does this officially makes you a "tech geek" now? :)

Foursons said...

Yay! Congrats. I did this a while ago and will be paying my $10 to keep it.

Anna See said...

You go girl! I'm glad I know someone in the big league!!

Jennifer said...

Cool! So I guess this officially means that you won't be switching to Illionian Mama or however you spell it.

Sugar said...

I gotta' admit, I'm impressed!
Woo hoo Texan, Mama!

Wendy said...

This is a GREAT idea! Nice, TM!

Sturgmom said...

That's awesome! Now that it's official, you really can't move! ;)