Friday, April 30, 2010

Pride

The sense of pride that surfaces when a job is well done, a goal met, or a dream realized is a high that is hard to beat.

I never thought I would be able to top the immense pride I felt upon finally making the cheerleading squad, acing my calculus exam, and making it through my first year of teaching.

But I was wrong.

11+ inches off to send to Locks of Love. She's been growing it for 3 years, since the day after the last time she donated her hair to Locks of Love.

She is generous, kind, sweet, thoughtful, and loving. She just can't help it... it's who she is. And I'm so proud to be her Mama.

10 comments:

FishHawk said...

Yeah, you have both done good. For she is obviously following your example. By the way, my wife has been growing her hair longer to donate to Locks of Love, as well.

Gigi said...

You should be proud! What an awesome kid you have there. Her mom has done a great job raising her.

Anna See said...

Yay! So loving and sweet. What a great example she is to me!

An Imperfect New Momma said...

You definitely should be proud! Thats an awesome kid and obviously an awesome mom. :o)

Stopping by from SITS

Jennifer said...

That is awesome! I keep trying to get Baby Girl to do this, but she doesn't understand what I mean. She thinks I mean I want her to shave her whole head.

Foursons said...

You have every reason to be proud. That is one fantastic girl you are raising!

texasholly said...

Amazing!

THE OLD GEEZER said...

What a uplifting story about you daughter.

I pray she keeps that kind spirit as she enters adulthood and throughout her life.

You have every right to be a proud Texan Mama

Emily said...

What a sweet young lady. And how wonderful is the mom who raised her to be like that!

Cheryl D. said...

What a beautiful girl--both on the inside and outside! You must be proud! You done good, mama!