Friday, May 28, 2010

Every. Damn. Year.




I have lived 38 long years. And the master of sunscreen, I am not.

I distinctly remember spraying sunscreen onto myself on Wednesday morning before I got in the water. I took the kids to a local lake since none of the public swimming pools are open yet and, in true Texas fashion, it's in the mid-90's every day this week and humid as all get-out. Anyway, I am guessing that I got about 1% of the sunscreen on myself and 99% of it on the picnic table behind me. The bottle should have a disclaimer, warning about user error. But, in their defense, I don't know any disclaimer that could have helped me.
Here's hoping that 2011 will be the year I finally graduate from sunscreen preschool!


Texan Mama

10 comments:

Foursons said...

Ugh, I hate it when that happens!

Jennifer said...

I do the exact same thing. And honestly, I don't think that spray on sunscreen works as good as the kind you can slather on. Even if I get David to spray me I still get burned. I've gone back to the regular old lotion type.

Angie said...

Hello fellow Texan, My fam and I went to the lake this past week, and although we all used sunscreen, my hubby got what appeared to be 3rd degree burns on his back! It was 96 degrees, and it's only May. God help us in August!

Emily said...

Ouch! I really like the way the back of your hair looks, though. Mine never looks that good!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Um.


OUCH!!!

Karena said...

Oh I know and I have to have someone help or I am completely splotchy!!

Surprise up on my site!!

Karena
Art by Karena

Ms. Anthropy said...

I believe I read somewhere, that even with the spray, you are supposed to rub it in. Also, I think you are supposed to apply it a bit before you plan to be exposed, to let it get absorbed.

stephanie (bad mom) said...

:(

Sad for you, though if you lived here I would gladly go with you on outings and spray your back. But also? If you lived here, we'd rarely need much sunscreen...Win/win! :D

Jaci said...

I do the same thing. I burn, yet my red headed daughter doesn't. WTF?

Sturgmom said...

Are you using the spray on kind? I htink that stuff is useless. It just blows around in the wond. I like lotion- that way I know it goes EXACTLY where I put it.