Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekly Winners: May 23-29

I am loving getting back into my photos, now that I have had some encouragement and also since I've written my own rules for my 365 project.

Some of these shots were taken with my Canon Powershot SX10 IS and some were taken with my Kodak Easyshare M753. See if you can guess which is which.

5-22-10 Moonrise
"Moonrise"
This one I cheated a bit, it's actually from the 22nd, but I took it after I had already put a lid on last week's Weekly Winners.



5-24-10 Brothers
"Brothers"


This picture captures Charlie Brown and Linus' relationship EXACTLY. Charlie Brown thinks Linus is a pest; Linus looks up to Charlie Brown (literally and figuratively). I actually caught this one almost by accident. That's how most of my best shots happen.


5-26-10 Castaway
"Castaway"
This lonely discarded soda can lay on the beach, just crying out to be recycled. (I don't think I picked it up. I suck.)





5-26-10 Water


"Water"
I like the two different waters here - Dasani, and the lake.



egg 5-29-10


"Egg"


I edited this picture post-production with Picnik. Normally I would not take a picture of an egg, but this was an entry for a Flickr group to which I belong.



5-28-10 bath time in the sink


"Bath Time"
And, finally, another bath picture, because I never get tired of shooting these or looking at them. I LOVE doing the reflection in the mirror thing. I've done it before too. In this shot, Sally wanted to take a picture in the sink like her little sister. Of course, her little sister is half her size and bathes in the kitchen sink, and this is the bathroom sink, but she doesn't care.

"Castaway" and "Water" were taken with the Kodak. All the others were taken with the Canon. Did you guess right?
You can see the rest of my photos from this week on my Flickr Page. And check out the other Weekly Winners over at Sarcastic Mom.



Texan Mama

13 comments:

Gigi said...

LOVED these - especially the brother shot!

Rachel said...

The brothers shot is PRICELESS and I adore the bathtub shot!

How fun the egg shot is! <3 love

Jennifer said...

I love the picture of Charlie Brown and Linus. That look is one of pure adoration. One day Charlie Brown will be thankful for that.

Terrie said...

great set of pictures! the brother shot is amazing. you know that those looks could only be captured by chance

WackyMummy said...

Very nice moon shot! Last shot is so adorable too. =)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Foursons said...

Such great shots! My favorite though is of the boys. Such a "classic" moment.

niseag03 said...

Brothers is such an awesome capture! Love that.

Water is brilliant.

But the last one? Priceless!!

hip chick said...

fantastic pictures. I kept looking for a favorite but I really liked them all. the one of your sons is funny. Perfect.

Miss Grace said...

Baby in sink! Oof!

Stacie's Madness said...

love the brothers picture and the water bottle one...great job!

Wendy said...

These are great pictures! And your new design is AWESOME! It loads much faster, too.

Wendy said...

By the way - the brothers shot is too great, and the baby in the sink! So adorable!

I dunno how you got that moon shot. I have tried every which way to do just that, and to no avail.

Sorry - I was so overwhelmed by your site change that I didn't properly look at the pictures the first time. xD

Frogs in my formula said...

The egg picture cracked me up. No pun intended.