Saturday, June 5, 2010

100-Word Challenge: Wisdom

Since I am such a crazy woman, I've decided to NOT ONLY participate in the 100-word challenge, but also to do it completely IN HAIKU.

Yes, you're welcome. I know, you're stunned and impressed.


*sarcasm*


"Wisdom"
Wisdom is special
More than effortless knowledge;
It’s experience.

Wisdom is so rare
Many folks say they have it
They are arrogant

Wisdom is unique
Those who have it are humble
Those who don’t are proud

Biblical Wisdom:
It was the only request
From King Solomon


Wisdom sees into
Hearts of the Brokenhearted
To understand them

Wisdom holds its tongue
Angry words spoken quickly
Cannot be unsaid

Wisdom listens close;
Makes no judgments to those caught
In conversations

Wisdom can’t be taught
To someone who’s unwilling
To put themselves last

Wisdom is a goal
Lofty, virtuous, moral
Yet so elusive.




Texan Mama

14 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Jennifer said...

Good job. I love it.

covnitkepr1 said...

Hi. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you.

Melissa said...

A lovely (and true) post.

Great job! {no following required ;-) }

OHmommy said...

Wisdom can’t be taught
To someone who’s unwilling
To put themselves last


THAT should be copyrighted. Love it.

Lloyd said...

You did very well... I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

Jennifer said...

beautiful!

Tara R. said...

Well done! A great collection of wisdom and haikus (haiki?)

Jennifer said...

Love it! I once randomly posted two separate haiku posts... neither of them got a single comment. I deduced that my readers either don't like haiku or I really suck at it. Either way, I had to ditch the practice. Congrats on successfully writing haikus AND getting people to comment on them. Haha!

Cheryl said...

Wow stunned and impressed
By your sheer audacity
And cute sarcasm.

Wisdom in your words
So eloquently written
Wiped away my smirk.

Sturgmom said...

An excellent post!! So wise. And amazing!

Jen said...

Wisdom can’t be taught
To someone who’s unwilling
To put themselves last


love it!

PattiKen said...

You're right. I AM stunned and impressed.

LceeL said...

I know how hard that was to do - I remember how stunned Velvet was when I did that. Gretchen, that was amazing.