Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Long Way Up

Mama's Losin' It


6-22-10 Long Way Up

You look up
and see the stars;
You focus on what's out of reach
And you grab it.

Go. Go. Go.
Higher!
Faster!
Longer!
Right now!!

Your size is of no consequence
You can handle yourself
Nothing scares you
There are no obstacles
Only new adventures

Energy can't be harnessed
Enthusiasm can't be bottled
Determination can't be derailed

Scars are trophies
Band-aids are more trouble than they're worth
Boo-boos don't need a kiss
Just rub a little dirt in it.

Boys will be boys
And soon you'll be a man
With aspirations

You'll look up
and see the stars;
Remember to focus on what's out of reach
And grab it.

This post was part of MamaKat's Writing Workshop.

The prompt was:
2.) Write a poem about a picture.
Hop on over to Mama's Losin' It and play along!

Texan Mama

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it! Great job.

Jennifer said...

Well I was going to write exactly the same comment Jennifer wrote. She keeps beating me to all of my comments. Freakin' hour ahead of me... (and yes I do know her in real life, we went to high school together).

Great job. I love it.

Mama Kat said...

Great picture and awesome poem to go with it!! You nailed this one.

Gigi said...

Perfect picture/poem combo! Loved it.

Jen said...

That was fabulous!!!

The one with the View said...

Nice job!!!