Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Simple Solution

Hey Y'all!
I've been watching the vlogs over at Momversations and they recently posted a contest, asking moms to submit their "Simple Solutions" for everyday problems.

I was so excited to put my simple solution on film! Unfortunately, I can't post a video to the momversation site unless it's directly from a webcam, so I hope they hop over here to see the video I put together about making firestarters from things we have around our house.

I've noticed that my text area is a little too narrow to show the whole video, so you can click here to go to YouTube to watch the full-size video, or click play below, but be aware that you'll see more of my messy kitchen than you were planning to see.

Watch the video and tell me what you think! Wish me luck!! (By the way, the winner gets a $500 gift card to Target!!!)




Texan Mama

10 comments:

Gigi said...

Oh, how clever! I hope you win!

Jennifer said...

Great idea, and you did a really good job on the interview.

Maggie S said...

Great video, and I have the stuff to make them. $500 @ Target. Do we vote, or do they pick?

The Empress said...

Do we vote? How?

Wendy said...

Your fire starters are really cool. I've been saving our dryer lint since you posted about these, to make fire starters for when we go camping. Not that I think we'll get to camping again for another 3-7 years, but still. VERY cool. My hubby wants me to make some just for experimenting (he wants to see!)

Anna See said...

neat! i would not have thought of this in a million years!

Kathryn said...

Neatest, simplest, most useful, best-invention-outta-nuthin-thing I've ever seen! Great for camping, grilling and fire pits/places! Hubby uses an electric starter for our grill...not anymore!
Great video too, you're a natural!
Thanks!
kat
http://kathryn-atexanoutofwater.blogspot.com

Marie said...

I wish you luck...stopping by sits

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I learned how to make those at a girl scout camp training for leaders. GL on the contest!

Bridgett said...

Brilliant. We're going to make these during our next GS meeting.