Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hello. I love your Comments. Won't You Tell Me Your Name?

A fabulous Blogger, Jen, recently helped her readers get on board with linking their email addresses to comments. I simply L-O-V-E that idea. I love it so much that I taught her how to do it and I've taught others. But, in case you don't have your email linked to your profile (and you'll know if you don't because you typically don't get responses from the comments you leave at other people's blogs), Jennifer tells you how to do it in this nifty post of hers:

Momma Made It Look Easy: Comments are great, comments with an email address are even better

So hop on over there and jump on the wagon of comment-email-users! Leave that no-reply-comment crap behind! You'll make me so happy!!!!


Texan Mama

5 comments:

Char said...

I had seen that option before, but I went and followed the directions and set it up. Easy as pie...thanks!

Queen of the Click said...

Thank you so much for sharing that!

Gigi said...

I've had at least two posts on this very subject BEGGING people to do it. But they won't. I wish it wasn't an option - I wish it was a requirement.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the link up. I was wondering why I was getting comments on that post this morning.

Lynda said...

I love this tip. I only use my Blogger profile for commenting and never really thought to make my email address public before. Since doing this though, I've received dozens of replies from Blogger blogs - I wonder how many I missed out on before!

Also - I just took a closer look at the "Create a Link" link. To me, it just looks like an easy way for Bloggers or people unfamiliar with HTML to link directly to the article.