Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm Smart(ly), Didn'tcha Know?

Hey Y'all! Happy Friday!!

I am super duper pumped because.... drumroll....It's my birthday/anniversary/mother's day/Christmas/Valentine's Day/etc. Well, not really, but I finally GOT MY DSLR CAMERA!!!!


Photo Credit

It's a Canon Rebel XS. It's just an entry level camera but it's got potential!

Also, I am super excited to be writing over at a brand spankin' new site called Smartly. It is a great collection of writers: women, men, single, married, kids, no kids, whatever. I am humbled to be among the talented people over there. I like it because I have to be honest: it's easy to get sucked into the mommyworld of diapers, playdates, PTA, menu planning, and coupon clipping. Reading (and writing for) Smartly gives me the chance to remember the ME that often gets buried under the time outs and chore charts and "Please use your inside voice". So, go check out my first post on Smartly and subscribe too.

I was very disappointed to learn that the Silicon Valley Moms Blog (and Deep South Moms Blog, their sister site to which I was a contributor,) closed down. It was a wonderful, although short-lived, experience to meet other bloggers outside of my usual circle of online friends. I'm flattered that the wonderful ladies of Smartly have included me among their writing team. They are also launching regional Smartly sites very soon, in Chicago, Orange County, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and New York.

Read my blog post over at Smartly here: Texan Mama on Smartly
"Don't Judge a Book by Its Perky Cover" and leave a comment over there if you like it!

Have a great weekend! I'm off to start filling up the memory card on my new camera!

Texan Mama

10 comments:

Sturgmom said...

Congrats on your camera. We need to get together soon so you can give me lessons on mine!

And you're just contributing all over the place aren't you? WTG!

Jennifer said...

LOVE that camera. I think I just turned green with envy. For real. But you totally deserve so I don't covet the actual one you have. I just want one for myself. :)

I'm going to check out the new site now.

Maggie S said...

You belong among talented people, and I am not just kissing up because I want to borrow your Fan-frappin-tastic new camera!!!

misssrobin said...

Congratulations and enjoy your new camera. It looks like a good one.

Off to check out your post on Smartly.

Have a great weekend.

Gigi said...

Yay you! Can't wait to start seeing the results from that fancy-dancy camera!

anymommy said...

Awesome. I wish you happy picture taking!

Foursons said...

Congrats, can't wait to see the pictures you capture!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the camera.. i have the Rebel XTi and I love, love LOVE it!

Mrs.Mayhem said...

New cameras are so much fun. Congrats.

Emily said...

Jealous! JEALOUS!!! I really think I'm the only on the planet now w/o a DLSR. My bestie even got one last week. *sigh*. I'm super happy for you though...have a blast with it!! :)