Monday, July 5, 2010

Texan Mama Vlogs a Product Review

Okay, let's get the disclaimer out of the way, right up front:
No one gave me anything free. (At least, not in this video anyway)
No one asked me to review anything.
No one paid me to say anything.
Although, once, when I was 7 years old, my brother DID pay me a dollar to shut up for 10 minutes. I thought I was SO clever to show HIM! I did it! BOO-YAH, pay up suckah. I guess we both won on that deal.

Anyway, I am giving my unsolicited opinion on THREE products in this video:
1. L'Oreal Color Vive Pro shampoo/conditioner

















2. French's Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce















3. Sol-U-Mel cleaning solvent from Melaleuca

In case you don't know what Melaleuca is, I will give you low-down as briefly as possible: they are a Direct Marketing company that sells products that are all-natural. No Chemicals. The main ingredient is tea tree oil (I think?) My next door neighbor "does" Melaleuca (meaning she sells it but also tries to recruit people to join the company). I really like the products a lot but to be a "member" (i.e to get the special lower prices) you have to buy a minimum amount each month, which I just can't seem to keep up with, so I'm quitting my membership. But their products DO rock, yo. Especially if you are into all-natural, eco-friendly stuff.

So, here's the rest of the story... in my own words...



Texan Mama

9 comments:

Maggie S said...

Sol U Mel is a miracle. I can't get the video, but it's great for removing ball point pen from children's skin. And everything else, but don't use it full strength on you car...

Just saying.

Jen said...

This was very cool. That last product was AWESOME!!

Jennifer said...

I bet the windex worked because the marker hadn't "cured". Let it sit there until you accidentally discover it and I bet it wouldn't come off as easy with the other cleaners.

Gigi said...

I agree - the only reason the windex worked is because it was applied immediately. Had never heard of that miracle stuff though...to bad it's not sold in stores.

Anna See said...

Fun reviews!

BTW, thanks for the heads-up about my VERY OUTDATED sidebar. Boy am I lazy. I'll get on it! :)

Frogs in my formula said...

Well done. Thanks for being so up front about your review...too funny that your brother paid you to shut up!

Sturgmom said...

The Sol-U-Mel looks like it's a WHOLE lot simpler than MY plan for erasing the sharpie Cade used to "label" their drawers. I'm just planning on sanding and painting. Maybe I need to find a distributor instead. ;)

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

DUDE! You sprayed sleaner with bleach on your wood! Don't DOO that!

KEEP BELIEVING

lonestarlifer said...

I hope your breakup with Melaleuca goes smoothly. We tried to part ways with them for almost a year before they FINALLY got the message that we didn't want to be members anymore. And after all that, they only wanted to refund part of the money owed to us for products we had refused and had sent back.