Monday, August 30, 2010

I {heart} photos of my kids


I'm doing I Heart Faces this week... I have no idea why... I never get recognized because there are so many awesome photographers out there but WHATEV. I don't care anymore.

You can see how enthusiastic I am. Not.

I'll get there. I need to work myself up to it. I need to remember that even if I *did* win, what would I win? nothing. So, okay. I like photos of my kids, and I love this one. (The kid AND the photo). The subject this week is Photojournalism, using a photo (or photos) to tell a story.

Here's mine:



I guess the story is summer, or first splash, or something like that.



Texan Mama

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Whatever. She's cute and that's all that matters.

My kids played in the sprinklers yesterday too. I stayed in the house. :) Every once in awhile I would walk to the back door and make sure they were alright.

Rachel said...

I LOVE it! (I did the I Heart Faces challenge this week too, for the first time).

I saw your tweet about ad space -- did you not get my email several weeks ago? I gave a quote for doing the ad space; you're right, I'm not doing Blog Design as a business right now, but I can help you if you need it. If you've found someone else, just let me know. :)

Foursons said...

I love it! The framing is perfect, the colors pop, and it is super sharp. The water, her expression- all perfectly clear.

Kim@TwoGoodCookies said...

This. is. absolutely. adorable. I love it.

Suzie said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! It's not about winning - it's about getting out there and sharing the things you love. If you're here to grow as a photographer, then you will. If you just love taking photos of your adorable daughter, then you're doing awesome and there's nothing to be bummed about! This is a great capture of your adorable little girl :)

Melani said...

Cute cute cute pic!

Sam said...

Ahh! Great shot! You captured the perfect moment -- love the expression. Too darn cute! :)

misssrobin said...

It's a beautiful photo. You caught a moment in time.

Her face is adorable!

Gigi said...

I love, love, love this picture! She's adorable!

Leslie said...

Love it! Very cute!!

alesa said...

I love her face. So cute.

Christina said...

I love her expression! The unexpected squirt in the face...it's so great!