Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekly Winners, August 1-7

I don't know if Sarcastic Mom is doing Weekly Winners this week (since she's at BlogHer), but that's not going to stop me from showing you my favorite pictures this week!

ME
Why, hello there. It's... ME!

Texan Waffle
Here's how we do waffles in Texas, y'all.

Water Baby
Six Flags Waterpark. (I love how the sun reflected off the water up onto her face.)

First Ride
Linus' first ride on the Tower of Power/Superman/Scream. Whatever it's called, it's at every Six Flags we've been to and he's been dying to ride it for over 2 years now.
He S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-D himself up to be 52".

Chapel at the Alamo
The Chapel at the Alamo. Who knew the Alamo was right in downtown San Antonio? We walked there from the mall!


Go check out my other photos on my Flickr Photostream!

Texan Mama

10 comments:

Gigi said...

All gorgeous pictures. Love to see your smile! I've only been to San Antonio once - and was also surprised that the Alamo was right downtown. Thanks for bringing back the fond memories - I got engaged in SA.

niseag03 said...

Okay, the Texas Waffle? LOVE IT and WANT IT. Love the Alamo and the shots from Six Flags. Making me want to visit SA again!

Char said...

Beautiful photos, I visited SA a few times when I was in basic training down at Lackland, which was a looong time ago. You're making me want to come back for another visit, too! :D

Jennifer said...

And it is much smaller than people usually think it is.

Love that picture of Violet.

And Linus is waaayyy braver than me.

Aunt Crazy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of you! I love the rest but you look so pretty and natural and I just love it! The rest of the city was built around the Alamo. We visit San Antonio at least once a year, we love it there! Oh and your commenter above me that wants the TX waffle should be able to buy a TX waffle iron online.

Swizz said...

Great photos! I do love the one of you...even though I don't know you. ;p

I, too, would love a Texas waffle iron! How fun is that!?!

Sturgmom said...

Looks like y'all have been having a ball!

Everyone in TX recognizes the Alamo, but when I was in college, an organization had some "Yellow Rose" something-or-other and the T-shirts had the Alamo on them. Several friends from out of state always asked, "What's that?!"

We Texans can be an arrogant bunch! ;)

Kirby said...

LOVE the Texas waffle, I want to make one to make my hubbie mad! Haha! (I'm from Texas and we live in AR now so it's a big rival thing between us!)

Jennifer said...

I love San Antonio! I have been there more times than I can count.. and the Alamo does look funny sitting right there in downtown.. and it's pretty small too!

mama hall said...

beautiful pictures!

and i was happy to see your mention over @ Momma Made It Look Easy.

have a super week!