Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekly Winners, September 19-25

Slow week, photo-wise. I've been tweaking and re-tweaking my photograpy blog, in hopes that some poor sucker good friends will let me take pictures of their families so I can better my skills and build my portfolio. I spent lots of time applying for permits and setting up accounts, not so much time behind the lens.

But, I did get a few good ones:

Lutheran Hymn Festival at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphany Center. The singing was incredible. This talented group of folks isn't your regular Sunday church choir. They hit the high notes, the low notes, and every note inbetween. In melody and in harmony. It was very uplifting to honor the Lord with joyful voices.
IMG_4260


Ahh, those eyes.
IMG_4268

We don't have a pool. At least, not an adult pool anyway.
IMG_4271

YES that is my husband feeding a squirrel a vanilla wafer. The whole time I was taking this photo I was stifling a laugh, thinking about the Seinfeld episode where Elaine compares feeding a squirrel to the delicate patience required to woo a boyfriend. (I don't want John thinking I'm hot and heavy if he's not hot and heavy!)
IMG_4334

Feeding the ducks
IMG_4338

Some of the kids (boys AND girls) at our Beyblade LET IT RIP house party, sponsored by Houseparty.com All the kids had a blast!
IMG_4406

You can see my other photos at my Flickr Photostream.

Now, go check out the other Weekly Winners over at Sarcastic Mom!

Texan Mama

14 comments:

Denise said...

These are all incredible! I think this is my favorite set I've seen of yours to date. Those blue eyes!! And that squirrel pic is perfect timing for sure. Love 'em all!

Foursons said...

Great shots! I love the clarity and colors in the first one.

Jen said...

how cool, feeding squirrels! I love the shot of your little girl and the ducks, so cute!

Donna said...

Squirrel!! Great capture!

SECRET AGENT MAMA said...

I love that shot of the squirrel! Good luck with the portfolio!

Jennifer said...

Great job again this week.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Love the shot of the choir and the baby with the big blue eyes. Beautiful!

Sarah said...

LOL. Feeding the squirrels *snort*

Love the baby eyes...so beautiful.

Anna See said...

LOVE THESE!

Rachel said...

THE EYES!!!!!
oh, the eyes. GORGEOUS.

great set this week! Can't wait to see the finalized photography site!

Jac said...

Ok, the squirrel just made me giggle! And I love the Seinfeld reference!

But those eyes?? BEAUTIFUL!!

Jac @ Bugg Family Blog

Bridget said...

I love a good choir!
Cool shot!

Rachael said...

Wow, great photos this week! I especially love the one with the goggles.

Missy @ My Life Ain't Always Beautiful said...

Great photo's. I love the little critter. Funny that it lets you guys feed it.