Saturday, September 11, 2010

Weekly Winners - September 5-11

Okay, I'm going to try the pictures a little BIGGER this week... tell me if it works or if it's too big for your screen...

My sister was in town with my niece for Labor Day weekend. She spoiled my kids and I let her. We don't get to see her too often, and I miss her so much. Sunday she took us all to the putt-putt/mini-bowling place. The balls are the size of grapefruit and the lane is half as long as a standard lane. All the pins are on strings like a marionette. It's so cool!
Goin' for a Strike

On Labor Day, Texan Papa had the day off work and he barbecued these yummy drumsticks. Normally I'm all about the white meat but these bad boys made my mouth water.
Labor Day Barbecue

On Tuesday we took a walk after the rain. It was so humid I thought I might melt.
Raindrops

Tuesday through Thursday was kind-of a blur of Cub Scout meetings, Girl Scout meetings, PTA, Back-To-School night, plus I got sick on Thursday. I think it was from lack of sleep, seriously. Thursday we went to Genghis Grill to eat for lunch and I could barely make it through my yummy lunch.
lunch at Genghis Grill

On Saturday I made peach freezer jam... out of peaches we bought on sale at Wal-Mart. I think there was a reason they were on sale. I'm not expecting too much from that jam but I'm trying to be optimistic that it was worth all the work.
Peach Freezer Jam Jars

I decided not to post any face photos of my kids this week. Not that they aren't the cutest kids on the planet (IMHO) but because I've been feeling a bit guilty that Sally comprises about 85% of my photos. The reason is simple: access. She is around all the time and pretty much has grown up with a camera in her face. So she knows how to pose quickly, the way I want, and get it over with. And she's willing. And it doesn't hurt that she's got gorgeous blue eyes. But if you want to see pictures of ALL my kids, hop on over to my flickr photostream.

And, as always, go visit Sarcastic Mom for more Weekly Winners!

Texan Mama

20 comments:

Miley (woman:confused) said...

What a COOL little bowling alley!
I don't know how you manage with five little ones. I can barely do all the "stuff" with the two I have.

Denise said...

Where is this bowling alley!? That is SO COOL! I want to go sometime!!

Your shots are beautiful! Love the jam shots. If the jam doesn't work out, you still got a cool shot out of it!

SECRET AGENT MAMA said...

mmmmmm barbeque!!!

Gigi said...

The bigger pictures are fine on my screen. And I bet that jam comes out much better than you are expecting.

Tara R. said...

That sounds like a bowling alley I'd do well at. Very cool.

The bigger photos look great on my laptop too.

Rachel said...

I LOVE the bigger pics!
The bowling alley shot, the water droplets... each picture is just as wonderful as the last.
Love them all!

Sarah said...

Oh that chicken looks nummy!!

I know what you mean on one kid being the majority of photos. My daughter is the same way. She'll pose and pose and pose. My son just looks like someone is trying to make him squeeze a watermelon out, LOL!

Sarah said...

What a totally awesome bowling alley!!! I want to go! *lol*

My favorite shot is the water drops, though. So beautiful and simple.

Arlene (CO Kid) said...

Love your pictures! I'm wondering where that bowling alley is, too! I wanted to melt with Hermine, too. *sigh*

Terrie said...

these are great shots and the size is perfect. such a cool angle on the jars!

Amy said...

The bbq looks so good! And I love the water droplets.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Delicious bunch of photos this week!

poppingbubbles said...

Great shots, I love the new size! The chicken looks delicious and I love the leaf picture.

http://www.poppingbubbles.net/?p=4558

Foursons said...

The size of the photos look great on my computer.

I think my favorite this week is your rainy walk. Sorry about the melting, but it was worth it!

Jennifer said...

It has been so, so hot. Reminds me of 2005 when we had Rita (bite my tongue).

I love the one with the leaf and the water. And the food.

Jennifer said...

great job! That chicken looks yummy! My favorite is the leaf with the raindrop.

Jennifer said...

oh and the size is perfect.. not too big for my screen and I am on the laptop which has a smaller screen than my desktop.

Bridget said...

nom! I want somma dat chicken!

Kat said...

Pictures look great.
Love the shot of the leaves in the rain.
Mini bowling - how cool!

Jen said...

great looking food and I especially love the rain drops one :)