Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Morning Off - 100 Word Challenge

I'm participating this week in Velvet Verbosity's 100-Word Challenge. It's a meme I like to do, from time to time, to practice my writing skills. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I struggle with it. But it always stretches me. This week's word: vague

So, Here we go. "My Morning Off" in 100 words:

Can I tell you how lucky I am to have ended up with the husband I did?

Once a week, my husband gets up with the 5 kids, getting the older 3 dressed and out the door to school with lunches and backpacks and jackets. While I lie sleepily in bed, I hear the vague rumblings of cereal being poured and field trips being discussed.

He diapers the baby and dresses the toddler and amuses them both until I decide to get up.

And yes, I am a SAHM. But it’s nice to have that morning off once a week.

I took the liberty of assuming SAHM is one word. :-)

Texan Mama

17 comments:

Leslie Limon said...

Lucky! I'm going to have to mention this post to my Hubby. :)

Gigi said...

Of course, SAHM is one word. In fact, whenever I hear or say the words "stay at home mom" SAHM is blinking in my brain.

What a nice hubby you have there.

Aunt Crazy said...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

He's prolly a keeper, huh?!?!?!

LceeL said...

Do you and your hubby do the SAHM-BA?

;)

Sarah said...

What a great hubby!! I wish mine would do that...but he'd probably have a mental breakdown trying to get everything done with getting Riley to school!!

Jennifer said...

I'm hoping that this is a true story for real.

Missy @ My Life Ain't Always Beautiful said...

ha ha SHAM is totally a word! Do you think you could have your Hubby give Mine a call? LOL I just kinda take those days on the weekends. =)

Bobbi Janay said...

Casey does the same thing but I could easily lay in bed all day if he would let me. So about 10 am he will make me get up.

Emily said...

Wow! That is nice! I think my hubs would be wayyy too scared to offer that to me!

Tara R. said...

Mornings off are wonderful! Breakfast is bed would probably be pushing it, right?

Lovely 100 words.

ridgely johnson said...

SAHW use this word all the time;-)

Lance Burson said...

Nice. I never considered my kid's cereal rumblings to be vague, now I do. Thanks for following and reading me. Hi.

Melissa said...

I consider that my reward for being a SAHM. It usually happens on Saturday morning.

Melissa (Confessions of a Dr. Mom) said...

That one day a week when you get to sleep in and NOT worry...so essential. Thank goodness for husbands who realize this. I usually get one of these on the weekends. Enjoy :)

Jennifer said...

Wow! That seems really difficult and yet you nailed it! My husband does this for me too! He's off on Thursday and Friday and picks one of those days to tell me, " Just go back to sleep, I've got it!" I LOVE those days!

Ms. Marsha said...

Great job. Lucky wife. Wonderful husband.

B said...

Fridays are my husbands day off which translates to my day off!