Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekly Winners, 9/26-10/2

As always, Weekly Winners is sponsored by the amazing Sarcastic Mom.


Last Sunday I did my first "photo shoot" with my kids. I loved it! It was so fun! And I only had to yell at them to SHUT UP twice. So much for professionalism... LOL

IMG_4525

IMG_4506

IMG_4484

IMG_4449



Yesterday, We went to the Celtic Festival in downtown Ft. Worth. Kinda disappointing. The music was not so much traditional Irish music, as much as "Irish fusion" - Irish music mixed with folk, or country, etc. Plus, all the Irish dancers were on stage 12-2, and of course we didn't get there until 4:30. Lots of stuff to buy: jewelry, Aran sweaters, and of course BEER.
IMG_4651

And there were bagpipers, although I have to say that during my semester in Ireland I never saw too many bagpipers.
IMG_4662
I think bagpipers are mostly from Northern Ireland or Scotland. Then again I could be wrong. The semester I spent in Ireland was the semester I turned 21. You do the math - some of my memories are... lost.

Have an awesome week! And, as always, don't forget to head over to Sarcastic Mom to check out the other Weekly Winners and you can see my other shots on my Flickr Photstream.

Texan Mama

11 comments:

Lydia said...

Great photos I love the color technique with the frame shot, looks really great!!

Sarah said...

The family photos came out great!! Beautiful set of shots...your editing on them is great!

Keith Wilcox said...

Great photos. I like the picture frame one with the black and white border! I used to always go to the Scottish festival in St. Paul when we lived there. We always had fun, but I know what you're saying about these sorts of festivals; they're always more about cultural pride than actual cultural accuracy.

Tara R. said...

Wonderful portraits! I really like the b/w with the spot color... nicely done.

Terrie said...

LOVE the first two shots!

Laura @ The Things I Said I'd Never Do said...

I adore the one of all the kids laying down look up at the camera! Did it take a lot of attempts to get them to all look at the same time?! I don't think that picture could happen now with all my siblings! And we are all adults!!

Gigi said...

I love coming to visit - your pictures always make me smile.

rach said...

Yup your right- they dont do bag piping here in ireland. They don't really wear kilts either, even though they are orginally from ireland (scottish copied them ages ago). That irish fusion you were talking about is actually what you are going to hear in ireland. The traditional stuff really isnt used too much in my experiance unless its groups outside ireland haha.

But they definately got that beer part right!!

and BTW cute kids and great pictures!! I am camera hungry. I want a big shiny one!

Denise said...

OH the family photoshoot came out great! I adore that last one. What a great shot!

Rachael said...

Really like the shot of all their faces.

Missy @ My Life Ain't Always Beautiful said...

You have really cute kids. I love the head shot of all of them.