Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wordful Wednesday - Picking Pumpkins

We went to the pumpkin patch on Monday. The weather was beautiful: just a hint of a breeze and 85 degrees and the only reason I knew it was fall was the plethora of orange pumpkins and the seasonal allergies.

I ended up only spending $24 on Jack-O-Lantern pumpkins, aka the safety hazard which will soon make it acceptable for me to give my children sharp knives to cut into and then place on our front porch, where they will rot and get moldy and the teeth will fall in like an old hillbilly, just in time for me to throw away before Halloween.

So, in other words, I just spent $24 for some pumpkin seeds.

Pumpkin Picking


Wordful Wednesday is sponsored by DumbMom at ParentingBYDummies


Texan Mama

15 comments:

TurtlePress said...

Love the picture, and you are so right - the whole pumpkin thing is a lot of big to-do, but we all know it's worth it!

Gigi said...

How funny! How true. But the kids will love every minute of it and you'll have lots of photo ops!

A.Marie said...

Pumpkin - $24.00
Memories - PRICELESS!! :)

SassySillySpunky said...

What a GREAT picture! My son is at the age (14 months) where I can't get him to look at the camera AT ALL. I miss my cute pictures of him! :)

staceysmotheringmoments said...

Beautiful picture! I love fall!

Jennifer said...

We don't carve ours until right before Halloween. That makes it usually last. Of course then we forget to throw it away until it is a pile of mush that has to be shoveled into the garbage can.

Joanna said...

I love the picture! We are really excited about going to the pumpkin patch this year, can't wait. And yes, we spend a ton for pumpkin seeds LOL

Karen said...

My kids still talk about the times that we carved pumpkins. It means more than you think. They do make those knives that aren't sharp. I'm saving mine for the day I have grandchildren.

Amber Page Writes said...

Pumpkin seeds and one fantastic picture!

Foursons said...

Yup, sounds about right. This year I bought our pumpkins at Walmart for $3 and some change. We're going to the pumpkin patch for pictures and MAYBE small pumpkins.

Crystal said...

That is a great pic!!! Wish you were close enough to take some of my dudes! I am terrible!

Crystal
Baaa Tribe
http://survivingandthrivinginmom-dom.blogspot.com

Emily said...

LOL...that happens to us every year too. And she is one cute little pumpkin!

Aleta said...

Lmao, loved the ending of the post... Which is exactly the reason why Greg doesn't want to get a pumpkin.

misssrobin said...

Such a beautiful picture -- love the colors.

Janet said...

Adorable picture! You can always have kids paint the pumpkins and avoid the knife. :-)