Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And... HERE'S Why it's so Hard to be a SAHM

After a long day of chasing toddlers, balancing the household budget, sewing a doll's arm back onto a doll body, and fixing a semi-nutritious-but-also-appealing-to-children-of-various-ages meal, us Stay-At-Home-Moms get pretty tired. 10pm seems like bedtime to me.

Yet, if I need to get anything done that requires my focused attention, I need to do it when the kids aren't interruping my every thought... i.e. after bedtime... i.e. when my brain is fried... from the hours of 10pm till 1am.

And when I try to accomplish a task during the daytime hours that require my undivided attention, THIS happens:







I just love how she actually PUT THE LIPSTICK AWAY when she was done with it. I mean, I *AM* teaching her how to be responsible.


Yup, I'm linked up at ParentingByDummies for Wordful Wednesday. Because she rocks.
Texan Mama

20 comments:

Foursons said...

Hahaha- classic.

Amy said...

Love how she put it back. So cute.

SalicosFamilyBlog said...

My 4th child is my, uh.....busiest (craziest)child! She's definately a mess maker - one time she wrote on the carpet with a black Sharpie marker (which meant she had climbed on a chair to get it out of the drawer) - yikes!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

SO. FUNNY.

Here's hoping you can get a nap in today! :)

The Planet Pink said...

Ah yes. They lie in wait, until the time is perfect and then they strike. And THIS is why mamas can get nothing done.

Swizz said...

Thank goodness for oxy clean and magic erasers!

I can't imagine what you were thinking...taking time for YOURSELF?!? (j/k!) Long distance **hugs** for a better day today!

Jennifer said...

adorable pictures! I had a post very similar to this one last fall when Zoe got in my lipstick and there was lipstick all over her, her clothes, my bedspread and my WHITE laptop.

Jennifer said...

But she looks so pretty Momma.

I am Harriet said...

Ahh....motherhood...

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/11/stuff-you-dont-see-everyday/

Colored With Memories said...

i would have been wondering what it was...since it actually got put away i would have been clueless!

so cute! were you able to get it out of the carpet?

Cookie Crums said...

At least you recognize she did something right.... putting it away! :) Hope you were able to get it all cleaned up.

Sturgmom said...

So... the problem is that she put on a little too much? ;)

And of course she put it away- she had to hide her tracks, right?! HAHA!

She looks SO MUCH like you!! Hope you were able to get it out of the carpet.

Elaine A. said...

Okay so she may not be a cosmetologist someday but a career as a closet organizer might be in her future - ha!

She's so happy with herself...

Sarah said...

You are such a good parent!! Putting away your toys is such a hard lesson to learn!!! :D

mama hall said...

yikes. i had one of those days recently too. all i can say is be thankful that it was lipstick and not poop. yeah.

Eve said...

Lol... what a cutie!

Gigi said...

That has to be the happiest little girl!!

I'm thinking the next lesson might be how not to get the lipstick everywhere else?

Resolve has a great carpet cleaning product, by the way.

Brenda said...

Being a mom is tough! My daughter always got into my makeup when she was young. . .

Jen said...

LOL!

And I only laugh because I have totally been there.

Liz at 4 GUYS and A DOLL said...

She is so cute!!! My daughter loves my makeup already (13 mos.) I think I am in trouble!