Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weekly Winners: Christmas, Round 2

Hi Everyone! It's Sunday, so you know what that means...

Weekly Winners, hosted by the lovely Lotus, aka Sarcastic Mom.

We had our second Christmas celebration this week, with my parents who came in from St. Louis. My children were thrilled to see them. Watching my kids be genuinely excited to see their grandparents really makes my heart bubble over with joy. I used to dread seeing my grandparents because they were so boring, and old, and unengaging, and there was never anything to do at their house. I don't remember them ever wanting to talk to us or play with us. It was always "grown-up talk". My parents and my in-laws both get really involved with my kids and I think it makes all the difference in their relationship. Anyway...

Tea Party with Granny
Tea Party

My Daughter with My Mother
My daughter & My mom

Stuffed Mushrooms Appetizer - YUM!
Stuffed Mushrooms

GAH I am sick of all the ants. They never will just go away.
IMG_8715

Have you heard of these things? They're called Freaky Pets. My kids were over the moon to get them for Christmas presents from my parents.
Freaky Pets

I got this macro glass (it's not a lens so I can't call it that) for about $10. It's a fun toy - nothing for serious photographers but a good crutch for playing with.
Macro glass

I think it does a decent job. Here's a couple of shots:
Pumpkin Stem
After the Sprinkler


And finally, "New Year's Feet" - my first photo for my 365 project! I hope this year I can make it farther than I did last year.
New Year's Feet


May your family grow in 2011 by a few feet or more!!!


Texan Mama

13 comments:

Denise said...

ADORE the tea party!!!

Ants... ugh! We have them too and I can't seem to get rid of them. Traps aren't helping. Keeping the cabinet super clean isn't helping. SO FRUSTRATING!

And finally, good luck with the 365! They are so much fun!!

Karen said...

I love the picture of your daughter with your mom. Precious. Karen

Gigi said...

Isn't it funny how much more the grandparents today interact with the kids? I don't recall mine ever playing or talking with me much either.

What IS it with ants! We've got them too - but for some odd reason they are only in the bathroom - which doesn't make any sense; unless MC is hiding food in there.

Crystal said...

I love looking at your pictures. You do such a good job...you should put them in a bound book or something. Just a thought...because I think they are THAT good. Love the picture of the feet and your daughter and mother. Lovely...simply lovely!

Sarah said...

You had me right up until the feet. *shudder* Don't show that without warning a podophobic ;)

Seriously, love the shots with the macro glass!! Where did you find that? Love it!!

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

Hey Sarah
I got the macro glass at this place caled Deal Extreme. It's in HongKong (I think) so it takes about 2 weeks for it to ship here, but there's no shipping costs and no tax, I think. If you are interested in looking around, click on Hobby/Toy, then click on camera. And make sure you buy the right size (52mm, 58mm, etc.)

SECRET AGENT MAMA said...

I need to do feetsie shots like that!

No P365 for me this year, but can't wait to see yours!

anymommy said...

Oh, I love the shot of your beautiful daughter and your mom. Happy, happy new year to you and all your gorgeous kids.

Rachael said...

I love the one of your daughter and her grandma, that is a beautiful portrait. I also like the 2nd one you got with your macro glass - I'm very interested in water droplet photos.

Laura said...

Ants are taking over our house too :( Doesnt matter what we do - they survive it all - so we now co-habit!

The pic of your daughter and her gran is beautifully taken!

Jennifer said...

I thought on the first that I needed to do a project 365 this year. I still haven't taken one photo this year. I need some motivation.

Carrie Thompson said...

love your pics... I need a feet shot too! I like the new macro thing.. looks cool. I alwasy wanted a fishbowl (?) lens but MY they are expensive!

Jen said...

I think your new lens works great! and that feet shot is great! I am also doing a 365 :)