Thursday, March 31, 2011

What I Know for sure

I know that every morning my daughter Sally will wake me up with her sweet bubbly voice and a smile. I'd have that over coffee (or a diet coke) any day of the week.

I know that my husband would rather sleep in than get up with the kids, but if I ask him to help me, he will. Because HE knows that if I ask him, it's because I really really need him.

I know that my kids' school will never change. I know that I need to get past that and just find a way to be positive about the school so my kids will, in turn, have a more positive school experience.

I know that I don't pray enough. Not that there's a set amount I should be praying, but whether I pray for 5 minutes or 2 hours, I never feel like I've said enough or listened enough or learned enough.

I know that I will never lose this spare tire if I keep eating Hershey's Kisses at my current rate. nom nom nom

I know that I will someday have a better camera, more lenses, and a faster computer. But I don't know if it will make me happier. Maybe just poorer.

I know that blogging has changed my life in positive ways and negative ways. But I guess the same could be said of just about anything that affects change in my life.

I know that I need to get my priorities in line. I need to get more organized. Unfortunately, organizing my priorities is not a priority...

I know that typing this post has been really hard because I'm missing the "N" key on my keyboard (thanks to Baby Violet and her obsession with picking off the letter keys of my laptop). But I know she hasn't swallowed any of them because, so far, we still have all the keys. Knock wood.

Linking up today with MamaKat for writer's Workshop!!

Texan Mama

12 comments:

Stacey said...

Hershey's Kisses are super yummy! I had to LOL at the missing N key. On my old computer, the keys were sticky from a child spilling crap in my keyboard. Kids are so helpful!

April said...

Oh, I'm addicted to Hershey's Nuggets (Dark Chocolate with Almonds)...I keep telling myself they're heart healthy.:)

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

As a teacher, I'm really curious to know about your kids' school. If you had time, I'd ask you to write me an email about it. Notice, the if!

:)

Kisses, are okay, fun sized is better. I used to work for a market research company, you know, the kind that pays people to sit around and talk about products. One woman said, "I like to eat fun-sized bars and kisses 'cause the wrappers slow me down, and then I don't eat as many." One, I didn't believe her 'cause she was, well ample in size,and two, what kind of true chocolate lover would admit to a lack of unwrapping skills?

Oh pul-lease.

I like your photos. I like your blog. I don't pray enough either, often on the fly, but I pray some and God loves those moments even more than I do.

Swizz said...

I know that I love reading what is going on in your life!

I know that you love your family and friends, and that if someone asked you for help...you'd be there in a heartbeat.

I know that God knows what is in your heart, even if you haven't "verbalized" it, yet.

I know that chocolate is good for you. In more ways than one!

Shell said...

What a pain to type w/o the n key!

LOL @ the kisses. Yum!

Jennifer said...

Knowing and accepting are two different things. The second one is a lot harder, but the first one is a good step in the right direction.

Amy said...

I love this post because it's so real and honest. Thanks for sharing!

Gigi said...

What I know - I *need* a sweet bubbly voice to wake me up in the morning.

What I don't know - how is Baby Violet picking the keys off? I'm looking at them and thinking that can't be easy? Maybe you have a future computer technician on your hands!

Anna See said...

Love this. It's always so great to get to know you better and better. I have a "candy bowl" in the cupboard. No one else in the house is the slightest bit interested in it. It's all about me. Halloween candy, Valentine's-----

anymommy said...

What a great way to do an update. I learn so much about school - what I want and what I fear - from reading blogs of those ahead of me in the process. And I can't have Hershey kisses in the house. I eat them with obsessiveness until they are gone.

Kristy said...

Aw, love it. I laughed at the missing key thing. We have that problem in our house too. Makes typing...interesting.

misssrobin said...

Great post.
We could all stand to pray a little more.
I hope you get your N key back soon.