Tuesday, April 5, 2011

10 Things that Make Me Say, "Hmmm.."

1. This top from Abercrombie & Fitch Kids. I don't want a 9-year-old hoochie mama child, thankyouverymuch.
2. Pringles. How do they make them?
3. My hair. Some days I like it, Some days it's more trouble than it's worth.
4. The TSA Agent at the Seattle/Tacoma airport. I was with my 30-year-old friend and he asked if she was my DAUGHTER. Really? I look that old? I'm 39, jerkwad.
5. Every other TSA agent at the Seattle/Tacoma airport. They were all friendly and smiling and generally not hating their jobs or the travelers who they work with, unlike every other TSA agent I've ever come across. What are they putting in the water up there? I mean, it IS Seattle, after all.
6. Lady Gaga. I can't figure her out. Does she want attention or does she want to be left alone? Why would she dress and act like she does, then shy away from the paparazzi? It seems like a dichotomy to me.
7. Nacho Libre. If you've never seen this movie, consider yourself blessed.
8. Beef. For the LIFE OF ME I can't cook it, consistently anyway. Some times when I make a roast, I knock it out of the park and it's delicious. Other times it's tough and dry and basically fit only for the dog. Plus, why does the same cut of meat have a ton of different names? London Broil, Skirt Steak, Brisket? Are those even the same??? Boneless skinless chicken breast is so much easier.
9. The 100 dollar bill. Why is Ben Franklin on it? He was never a president. I mean, sure he was one of the founding fathers. But why HIS face on the hundred? I don't get it.
10. Chinese food. It is so delicious. Why is it that no food company has even come close to producing a Chinese-food-at-home set-up for the grocery store? La Choy sucks. Wanchai Ferry is a lot closer, but still not quite there. And WHY OH WHY doesn't anyone sell that plain sweet red sauce in the grocery store? You know, that stuff they serve on the side of Sweet-n-sour chicken or Crab Rangoon? That stuff is just so darn yummy. I feel dumb asking for extra of "that red stuff"when I order out.

What makes you say "hmmm"?


Texan Mama

15 comments:

Jack said...

It is silly, but I want to know why I can't say Aluminum Cinnamon ten times in a row without getting tongue tied.

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

It's not the "hmmms" it's the ewwws. I say ewww to a lot of stuff--even more back when I was dating!

Shirtless men mowing their lawns. Hello, I don't show you my cottage cheese buns, don't show me your beer gut!

That's a start...

Amy O'Connor said...

They just had a thing on the History Channel yesterday about food and they told how they make Pringles. You missed out.

And the red stuff.... I love the red stuff so much and nothing at the grocery store compares. I've even tried to make it myself. Still not as good as the restaurants.

Jennifer said...

About the beef, those are not the same cuts of meat. They are all different. And the roast is probably because you buy a different cut each time. Try searing it before you put it in the oven. That usually locks in the juice.

All that other stuff, I have no idea.

Anna See said...

Love these! What makes me go hmmmm? Hmmmmmmmm. I'll have to get back to you.

Gigi said...

Surprise, surprise I actually knew that all those cuts of beef were different cuts . . . but only because Hubby brings home meat and tells me all about it and how "beautiful" this particular cut is..... *sigh*

If you want to know the best/easiest way to cook said different cuts - zap me an email and I'll ask hubby. He loves to share his genius. ;-)

Maggie S. said...

When you say, "More trouble than it is worth..." Do you mean you think of getting rid of it? I mean, I DO think of shaving my head from time to time.

Nacho Libre, was made by the same producer as Napoleon Dynamite, stupidest movie EVER made.

I have never ruined a roast. I am no Pioneer Woman. I put onion soup mix and 2 cups water in the crock pot.

Heather said...

How come even when I wake up earlier than usual I am still late to work?? Why? It is a disease!

I am going to assume that your friend has had plastic surgery and looks like a 12 year old girl...

Bridgett said...

Roast in the crock pot. I don't even dare try the oven.

I have no ponderings right now...

Foursons said...

You had me at Pringles. After that everything is a distant memory.

nicole said...

This made me laugh, well some of it anyway. No words for that A&F business. I just cut my hair again after fake growing it out for a while. And you are totally right regarding at-home Chinese food.

SuzyQpon said...

Ironic that I had just read this post http://hip2save.com/2011/04/cooking-with-collin-sweet-n-sour-chicken.html
before coming over here and reading yours! Obviously, I haven't had a chance to try this but it looks good!

Bill said...

It's the hot mustard that I always wondered about. Never could find it in the store, well nothing close to what they serve in the restaurants. Then I figured out how to make it at home.

Had fun chatting with you in Seattle at the Nintendo event (We were the couple from Kansas).

Pam said...

Chinese food.... if they sold it in the store, they'd have to put a nutritional label on it. If it was made JUST LIKE the stuff in the restaurant and you looked at the label, you'd never buy it. Sodium and fat are out of the ballpark in the restaurants!

And Lady Gaga.... she uses her "persona" to divert attention from her actual personal life.


There. 2 less "hmmmms" now? ;-)

Don E. Chute said...

#6-7-10

Now, I got too much sun today and I'm feeling a little sleepy

Thanks Texan Mama.
Happy Trails...