Friday, April 22, 2011

Ketchup Tales

Obviously the brain trust that is Heinz Food Company has been reading my blog.

Especially after I leaked a big marketing secret that they could sink their teeth into. 

There must be no other explanation for this:



















I went to Chick-Fil-A the other day with my two youngest girls and there, on the table, was the idea that Heinz has been behind on for much too long.

Why they never put ketchup in a little dipping cup before now, I will never know. It's not a new concept - McDonalds has been putting the McNugget sauces in cups for YEARS. And, seriously, can even one single person out there tell me they'd rather have 43 tiny packets of ketchup to tear open and squirt into a big pile on a tiny triangle of paper torn from the corner of the McDonald's bag?

So, to you Heinz, bravo. Bravo for finally coming up with an idea that is way past its prime. We knew you could do it....  eventually!



Texan Mama

9 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

How does it feel to be lurked by Heinz?

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Oh, and since I don't eat ketchup much, I am very, very happy for you.

Jennifer said...

David has been saying the same thing for ages. He was practically giddy when he saw these packets. You know, if a 42 year old man can be giddy.

Gigi said...

Well, OBVIOUSLY, Heinz is stalking you! I think you could be their next spokesperson!

I'm not really a ketchup person, but really? This only makes sense.

leslie@gleaninggrace said...

Funny! On our recent trip to Disney we stopped for breakfast at a Chic-fil-a in Savannah. I saw the cute little ketchup dippers and immediately thought about your blog post about such a thing!
Congrats! I hope it makes your life easier...me? I'm not a ketchup girl usually.

Maggie S. said...

YAY

Jennifer said...

Wow.. I haven't seen these yet! And I read your other blogs regarding this and it must just be your area, because we have DQ all over the place in the area of TX I am from. Also... I miss Whataburger!

stephanie (bad mom) said...

I totally felt this way when they cast Juliette Binoche in The English Patient; she was the only one I'd pictured through the novel.

I think we're both owed a little something for our foresight...

nicole said...

Whataburger has had dipping cup style ketchup forever. And the ketchup is really good too. :)