Saturday, April 2, 2011

Like Summer Camp, only without the Mosquitos or Awkward Pool Showers

As I write this, I'm packing up my bags after a whirlwind trip to Seattle as a Nintendo Brand Ambassador. I've just spent the last 48 hours with about 120 other men and women (okay, mostly women) eating awesome food, meeting new friends, reconnecting with old ones, and touring the Nintendo Headquarters, testing out the brand new Nintendo 3DS.

Seattle 9

Yes, that's right. The new hand-held gaming system from Nintendo that uses 3D technology, only you don't have to wear the glasses to see it. We spent the day at NOA (Nintendo Of America) playing the new 3DS games, touring the gorgeous HQ building (sorry, no photos! Strict security there.) and shopping in the Nintendo store. It was a blast, to say the least. At the end of the day, we got to take a new 3DS home with us. THANK YOU NINTENDO!!

Seattle 7

Seattle 8

I had so much fun in Seattle. I had little time to do anything else except arrive, attend the scheduled events, and now pack to leave. The first night I felt really awkward, being in this big room with tons of people I don't know. But we all spent so time together laughing, talking, learning, and listening that it didn't take long to join in with the crowd and I felt like I fit right in.

Seattle 6

Seattle 3

This morning at breakfast I felt pretty sad about leaving all these new friends I'd met. I didn't know when I'd see them again - in 3 months or a year or ever. That's how it always felt at summer camp. I always hated to leave but I couldn't wait to come back. Still, I thought, this was the MOST fun I've ever had. Next year will never be this fun.

seattle 2

Seattle 4

And yet, next year WAS more fun. So, until I see you again friends, I will remember Seattle.

Texan Mama

9 comments:

Swizz said...

Can I just say...CUTE HAIR!!!!! :o)

Anna See said...

Yay! This is awesome. SO glad it was wonderful. And your hair? ROCKS!

Jennifer said...

I love Seattle! And I am totally jealous of your rock star celebrity status! My son just got his first DS- the DSi for Christmas and as soon as he heard about the 3D one hasn't stopped telling me how much he wants it!

Love the photo of the wineglasses!

Foursons said...

Oh wow, what a great gig!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you had a good time and got to meet some bloggers.

Gigi said...

How FUN!!!! I'm so glad you got to go and meet new friends and enjoy yourself. Did you get to do any sightseeing?

Michelle Saunderson said...

Sounds like a great time. I must admit I am a little jealous of the great opportunity!

rachelleb said...

Great post. It was nice to meet you! Pretty photo of us! Do you mind if I use it on the blog post I'm working on? (I'll, of course, give you photo credit!)

Rachelle (rachelleb.com)

Jack said...

It was a lot of fun. Enjoyed meeting you and so many others.

-Jack