Thursday, May 26, 2011

Starting Over

A fresh start
Clean Slate
New Beginning
No expectations
No responsibilities
No deadlines to meet or obligations to fulfill or projects to manage.
No lingering tasks that have been left undone
No open chapters that need closure

Walking
Running
Escaping

Landing
Planting roots
Making Plans
New doors to be opened
New responsibilities to be taken on
New deadlines and obligations and projects

When will this chapter end and the next one begin?

From MamaKat's Writers Workshop
#4 - Write a poem about starting over


Texan Mama

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love it. Starting over is always hard, but usually good.

Kristin @ What She Said said...

I always love starting over. Except when my computer shuts down on me for no reason and I lose whatever I'm working on. Then I'm pretty pissed.

Otherwise? Starting over is definitely a good thing. Usually.

Unpolished Parenting said...

I love all of the possibilities that lay ahead when starting over. It can be scary yet enpowering.

leslie@gleaninggrace said...

Sounds like you've done this a few times- LOL!

Tara R. said...

I love this! I like the sentiment and want to adopt your attitude.

misssrobin said...

I've learned that there isn't usually a clean break between one chapter and the next. They often overlap so we don't notice we're there for a while.

Unless I make the next chapter. I can choose to start a new one even while finishing up the others. Knowing this helps me.