Monday, June 6, 2011

Pretty as a Picture!

I have a confession to make:

I don't really like displaying my own photography in my home.

ACK. I know, that sounds really weird. And actually, I DO have photographs of my kids displayed in my living room above my couch.

But every time I look at those photos, I think, "That one isn't sharp enough" or "I should have composed that shot differently" or "The color is just a touch too green in that one". Etc. Ad nauseum.

At the risk of sounding like a cliche, I am my own worst critic.

When the folks from Easy Canvas Prints contacted me about a review of their canvas photo wraps, I was excited! Finally, something I can display that I will (hopefully) not pick on relentlessly! This is a product I've been wanting to have for myself but never found a photo that I felt was "canvas-worthy". But the fine folks there offered to give me a complimentary 8x10 canvas wrap and asked me for an honest review of the product.

Done!

First of all, the ordering is SUPER easy. Just pop over to the website at www.EasyCanvasPrints.com and click "Start Your Canvas" and the instructions lead you right through the process. Know what my favorite feature is? Well, first let me say, another reason I've never gotten a canvas wrap before now is because I tend to crop my photos pretty tight. So if you get a canvas, and the image is wrapped, it tends to cut off peoples hands or foreheads or other important body parts if you have a close crop. Which I always do. Which equates to no canvas wrap for me. boo.

But anyway, back to my favorite feature! Easy Canvas Wraps can "mirror" the image so that when it is wrapped around the frame, the full image is on the front and a small mirrored section is along the sides, allowing NONE of the original image to be cropped off or bumped to the side of the canvas wrap. Yay for me!!!
I think the canvas wrap turned out pretty good.What do you think?

Original:

Canvas:

I don't have a lot of experience with canvas wraps to compare one against another, but I would say that it looks really great!

If you're looking for a great Father's Day gift, a canvas wrap from Easy Canvas Prints would be a great idea! You still have time to find just the right picture (or even take one!) and have it delivered in time for Father's Day.

If only buying for Texan Papa were that easy!

Thanks to Easy Canvas Prints for a complimentary 8x10 canvas wrap, in exchange for my honest review of their product. I was not compensated in any other way.

Texan Mama

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think it looks great. I've been wanting one of those, but I can't decide what photo I want and then I'm worried about what it will look like and on and on. I think that is really sweet.

Beth Zimmerman said...

It looks awesome! I'd like to buy one of those some day. Maybe with one of my son's mission photos?

Gigi said...

Oh wow! That DOES look great!

My question would be this....since I tend to cut the heads off in my photos - would they be able to paste it back on? ;-)

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS! A perfect Christmas or birthday present!

Melani said...

You always have great pictures! The one in the middle over your couch, we did the same thing with my 4 kids for Christmas one year and added it into the card. Cute idea.

I love the canvas print. Just awesome.

anymommy said...

So cool - that is a gorgeous picture. And for the record, I love your photos of your kids!