Friday, July 15, 2011

Pronunciation, please?

I went to Dollar Tree yesterday. I LOVES me some Dollar Tree.

Everything's a dollar, yo!

Anyway, as I was checking out, I saw this product near the checkstand. It looked interesting. And for only a buck, I figured, trying it wouldn't be too much of a financial risk.



So I got it home and told Texan Papa, "I got this stuff at Dollar Tree. Tell me what you think of it. It's called OR-AN-GEE-NA."


To which my husband's friend (who's visiting for the week) said, "Oh, I thought it was called OR-AN-JY-NA."

We both busted out laughing. Until he added, "If I add vodka to it, would it then be a FUZZY OR-AN-JY-NA???"

Then I lost it. I'm still laughing about it.

Texan Mama

9 comments:

R.L.Scovens said...

I pronounced it with the long I sound too!lol

Ash said...

Totally "jyna." Totally hilarious!!

Even better, auto correct tried to fix "jyna" with "nuns."

Bet it makes an awesome sex on the beach.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

I guess "Tangerina" was already taken, eh?

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Um, it's so NOT "jy."

I wrote about Dollar Tree today too! LOVE that place.

Anna See said...

Ha Ha! Love Orangina and we pronounce it Gee-na in this house! :)

Jennifer said...

Orange-EEE-na

But I agree the other way is funnier.

Gigi said...

Orange-ina or eena is what I would think, but yeah, the other way is pretty funny!

Heather said...

Gee-Na! But only a husband's friend could come up with Fuzzy orange - GY - Na!

Love it

Unknown said...

That was too funny, I just have to comment. I'm from CA where you can find this stuff in all the high end ($$$) grocery stores. You picked up a deal for a dollar! I now live in WA, I have not seen this stuff up here...I'll have to check the local Dollar Store. Orangina is a European citrus soda, that is sold through the Dr. Pepper company here in the U.S. It's been around since the 1930's. By the way I love your blog, my name is Cyn.