Saturday, July 16, 2011

THIS is why my laundry doesn't get done

I'd love to tell you that OH POOR ME... it's so hard having 5 kids and it's summertime and they are all home and the laundry piles up...

Okay, yes it does. But folding laundry isn't brain surgery. Having 5 kids isn't keeping me away from the laundry.

It's the damn internet. Not that I"m complaining. Not that I'm cutting back on my time online, just instead watching the laundry pile get bigger...

But since February I've been on a photography forum called Clickin' Moms. I'd never gone on a forum before so I didn't know what to expect. I thought it might be filled with people who were critical or rude. On top of everything, it's a paid forum, so a membership is required. I was hesitant to say the least. But, after the recommendation of 2 photographers whose work I respected, I gave it a shot.

And.... do you ever find something that you realize, how did I ever live without this? That's how I feel about Clickin' Moms. The forum is filled with women who are kind, with helpful advice, and a positive attitude. They will give critique to photos but only when asked. They will give inside tips that you can't learn by reading a book. They will keep me updated with the latest trends in photography and the tried-and-true results that worked for them. Some of them are hobbyists. Some of them are professionals. All of them are women who desire to improve their skills and have a very high set of goals. The only thing they are more passionate about than their own success, is the encouraging and challenging atmosphere they foster on the Clickin Moms forum. I have made some real friends online and have watched my photography improve with leaps and bounds.

Clickin moms also has a blog, and that is open to all readers, membership not required! If you're at all interested in improving your photography I'd definitely recommend Clickin' Moms. But even if you just want to see some really gorgeous photos, I'd definitely subscribe to their blog (they have a newsletter too!) You might even find some nugget of advice that turns on the lightbulb for you.

But watch out. If you have laundry you might see it starting to pile up...

Texan Mama

4 comments:

Tara R. said...

That sounds like a very interesting forum. I'll have to check out their blog. Thanks for sharing!

Gigi said...

As if I need ANOTHER excuse for the laundry (and everything else around here) piling up!

Sounds interesting though, maybe I'll take a peek.....

Don E. Chute said...

Mom's are the Best!...

...unless your Caylee's Mom.

Sorry to put a damper on things, but I'm jus sayin.

aloha!

Jennifer said...

I'm a lot happy that you found something you like so much and a little jealous that it takes you away from me. :)