Monday, October 10, 2011

Going

I. am. tired.

Bone-tired. Exhausted. I might fall asleep at the compuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

BAH wake up wake up wake up wake up

So... updates! We did not get the ugly house. After all that boo-hooing I did about how I had to go along to get along, how I was not getting the house I wanted, well... I didn't get the house I wanted. Know how - sometimes - a good idea takes a while to grow on ya? Well that ugly house grew on me. I was all ready to take the huge amount of money we'd be saving and drop it on new carpets, new toilets, new cabinets, etc. But now we're back to square one.

Know where square one is located? At a motel - the kind with the free continental breakfast. We are moving from our 4-bedroom house into a king suite, plus an adjoining double queen. Yes I'm a little freaked out. Yes I'm worried if I'll be able to survive each other for the month or two we'll be there. And, yes, I am loving the idea that I won't have to cook or vacuum or change sheets for a month. (That part makes the others less stressful). On Tuesday - YESI'MTALKINGABOUTTOMORROWOMG - the movers are coming to pack up all our belongings. Texan Papa & Texan Granpa leave Tuesday with our vehicles all packed. Wednesday they load the truck with everything except our suitcases. Thursday we leave. All our stuff goes into storage until we find a house to buy or rent. Until then, we're kickin' back at the Days Inn.

Thursday. It's coming pretty fast. I mean, I know I'm not dying or anything.... but I have to say, There are so many things I wanted to do! There are so many people I wanted to say goodbye to. But I just don't have the time now. Life goes on. We will move, make a new life, and plant new roots. We'll make new friends and eventually all the things we swore we'd never forget about our old life will be just a distant memory.

I feel like I'm swimming in stress. I have a few last-minute photography clients whose orders I have to finish up, when I should be packing and making phone calls. I have a zillion loose ends to tie up, like things I need to return to the store, bills I have to pay, appointments to squeeze in. Plus, my new (used) van that I just bought that is still under warranty is leaking water. And I'm not talking about the engine. This weekend we had our first significant rainfall since the spring and my ceiling inside, near the panel that shows the temperature, etc., was actually DRIPPING WATER.

The van is under warranty until 60K miles. Did I mention how many miles my van has on it now? 58, 224. And of course we have to drive it to Wisconsin. TOMORROW.

{insert sound of me banging my head on the desk}

We are so smart! Because we bought the extended warranty up to 100K miles! But it doesn't cover weather stripping!!!! Or so we think because we can't get a straight answer from anyone!!!!  Or else we get put on hold forever!!!!

*sigh*

Can I share the least fun part? The look of disappointment on my kids' faces when I tell them that we don't have time to do all the last-minute things they want to do. Charlie Brown had plans to go to a friend's house to hang out today, but that friend lives an hour and a half away. So, that would be 3 hours (at least) in the car just getting him there. With all this van business and all this moving business and all this going out of my head with craziness business, I had to cancel at the last minute. CB says he understands, but it broke my heart a little bit when I had to tell him.

The kids are excited to start a new school, I think. Their first day is Friday. I think the thing they're most thrilled about is that they don't have to wear a uniform. FINALLY they can wear their Spongebob t-shirts & camo pants and the only thing standing between them and fashion suicide is their own imagination...

So, once life settles down a little bit I'll be back to my old whiny sarcastic self. Bet ya can't wait.


Texan Mama

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so sad. I know that is silly and not even the right attitude, but it's the truth. I'm sad.

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

I'm so sorry about the ugly house--I really wanted to see it in it's before stage! That way I could have and would have gushed about the after.

As for the hotel, we'll be up for Thanksgiving breakfast...

My husband says if you report the leak now, before you hit 60K, someone will HAVE to take care of it even past 60K. Good luck with that report...

I'll be praying for you during this stressful time. And no, one is dying, but you ARE facing some big changes--BIG. Cut yourself some slack, and get back to your whiny self ASAP.

GunDiva said...

I'm so stressed for you! Deep, cleansing breaths for both of us. Wish there was something I could do from here to help :(

Gigi said...

I think the kicking back at the Days Inn will actually kick start the house hunting.

I know exactly what you mean though - there is never enough time to do everything you wanted to do before you leave. BUT, when you go back for a visit (if you do) then you will know EXACTLY what to do when you get there.

I still can't believe you are leaving Texas before I can get back. That does make me sad.

Rachael said...

Ugh! Moving is no fun. Here's hoping it goes smoothly.

Anna See said...

i hope you have a safe, smoothe move!

nicole said...

I can't believe it is time for you to go! Oh man! I hope it goes well. I'm sure you'll have some funny stories to share from hotel life. You'll be missed in the Great State, even if you don't feel like it. Safe travels!

Bridgett said...

We moved a lot as you know. And we did this (starting school while living in a motel) three times. One time we were closing on the house the same first day; the other two times we lived in a motel for a week or so and then moved to a furnished 1 bedroom corporate apartment (with 4 kids and a cat). It was stressful. I won't lie. But we all survived!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! I am just reading this now, so you are already in the Days Inn somewhere! Good luck in everything and I can't wait to read your next post regarding your experience.