Thursday, August 30, 2012

Things I Love Thursday: Chicken Salad

I am not the best cook. I can handle a few simple recipes but mostly I muddle my way through.

One thing I think I can cook that's pretty yummy, though, is my Chicken Salad. It's become a regular treat for my husband and me. It's tangy, sweet, crunchy, and just yum-my!!!

Chicken Salad
4 Chicken Breasts
Mayonnaise
Dried Cranberries (Craisins)
Sliced Almonds

Boil the chicken. Cut it into cubes. Add it to the bowl along with enough mayonnaise to keep it moist and give it some volume in the bowl (about 1 cup). Add dried cranberries & sliced almonds to taste. Sprinkle with a little salt if you like.

De-Lish!!!

Texan Mama

2 comments:

Gigi said...

I am very, very particular about chicken salad (I don't do crunchy bits - unless it's almonds) but this sounds good!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I like grapes in mine. But this sounds good too!