Thursday, August 16, 2012

Things I Love Thursday

I love things. All kinds of things. Shiny things. Frugal things. Yummy things.

Today, the thing I'm going to talk about is my moisturizer. I've told you that I moisturize. It's like a religion, people. Ever since I saw the 70-year-old woman on Oprah with better skin than me, I'm a believer in the powers of moisturizer.

I'm not too big on makeup in general. I don't like it when I'm sweating and my makeup is running down my face and into my eyes. Because - let's face it - sweat is a part of my daily life. I have 5 kids, I am too cheap to run the A/C most days, and my laundry is in the basement.

Which reminds me, next Thursday I'll have to talk about my deodorant.

Anyway, my dislike of makeup combined with my desire to have skin like a baby's backside has led me to find tinted moisturizer.

I love Clinique products and that's all I've worn since high school. The damn popular girls in junior high got me hooked on the idea that any makeup that comes in a pistachio-green case MUST be the products that make you beautiful. (Little did I know - or understand - how all that makeup was just covering up all their ugliness on the inside). But the moisturizer I wear every day isn't from Clinique. It's from Walgreens. Neutrogena, to be exact.
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer (light tint) is the one product in my makeup bag that I couldn't live without. Besides being a moisturizer and a foundation-starter (it's not really thick enough or opaque enough to be a full-on foundation) it also has SPF 30. I love it when my skin gets a little tan and freckly, but I also know how unhealthy it is so I've decided to love my fair skin.

I was surprised when I started to look for a tinted moisturizer how hard it was to find one. All the moisturizers I found were either insanely expensive, or untinted, or only available online. I found my Neutrogena moisturizer at Walgreens and CVS for about $12 a bottle, sometimes less if I can find it on sale.

Oh, I forgot to mention the best part: I can (and do!) wear it to bed. No worries about sleeping in my makeup. :)

I was not paid or compensated in any way for this post. I just decided to write it. All the opinions are my own.


Texan Mama

5 comments:

Gigi said...

I'll have to look into that. My moisturizer only has a 15 SPF and I know I need to more to protect my face.

Kate said...

That sounds so much easier than melty makeup! I hate melty makeup ;)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I went to a tinted moisturizer this summer too. Love it, even at my age (51).

Jennifer said...

I am terrible about all of that stuff. I have sensitive skin and every time I find a moisturizer/sunscreen/foundation that doesn't break me out, within a few weeks, it starts breaking me out too. It feels so hopeless. I have tried all the ridiculously expensive stuff with hopes it would work, but get the same results.

Foursons said...

I love Neutrogena products. I'm gonna have to look for that one. Thanks!